This policy has 14 sections. You can view each section by selecting the links below:
- The information we collect and how we use it
- How we may use your personal information
- Information sharing and disclosure
- Using information about other energyshare members
- Aggregated information
- How do we protect personal information?
- Editing your settings and unsubscribing from energyshare emails
- Accessing and updating your personal information
- Transfer of information outside EEA
- Contact us
1.1 energyshare, including the services we offer through it (“energyshare”) is owned and operated by KEO energyshare Ltd (“energyshare”, “we”, “us” or “our” as appropriate). We may make energyshare available through a variety of channels. It is currently available through the website at www.energyshare.com(“energyshare site”).
1.2 For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is energyshare.
2.1 The information we collect on energyshare and the way we use that information includes the following:
When creating an account and joining the energyshare community, we collect your email address – this is not displayed publicly on energyshare. We use this information to:
- manage and communicate with you about your access to, or use of, energyshare, as well as to inform you of updates to your account on energyshare. Examples include notification from us when a comment has been made on a news item or a guide which you have created or on which you have previously commented or when any other updates have been made to the energyshare groups or other content you are following;
- enable energyshare members who use the messaging facility on the energyshare Site to send messages to you;
- send you newsletters from time to time about (i) general news items on the subject of renewable energy; (ii) news regarding activity and content on the energyshare Site; and (iii) special offers and giveaways on products or services that are closely connected to energyshare, unless you indicate that you do not wish to receive these emails at the time you enter your details on the sign-up page for the energyshare Site. We also collect your email for this purpose when you sign up to our newsletters as part of the registration process. If you wish to stop receiving these newsletters, messages from other users or e-alerts, you can do so at any time, by following the instructions in clause 10. Editing your settings and unsubscribing from energyshare emails;
- ask you about your energyshare successes (e.g. if you made a notable achievement as a member or leader of an energyshare group or if you have received interesting comments to your posts on the energyshare Site). Any responses to such requests will be purely on a voluntary basis;reply to any correspondence sent to us
- allow you to participate in discussions in energyshare groups, send you updates to groups that you follow and post content to energyshare; and
- for any other reasonable purposes related to energyshare or your membership.
We ask you to provide a username by which you can be identified publicly. Please note that your username should not feature your last name or contain any other personal information that could be used to identify you (eg, your address). If your username with Facebook (or any other third-party authentication provider) contains personal information, we recommend you do not use such third-party facilities to link to energyshare and instead create an energyshare account in the standard way. We reserve the right to reject usernames that are offensive, defamatory or which we otherwise think are unsuitable.
Your postcode or nearest town
These will be used to publicly show your general location as a pin within the energyshare map application. Your postcode will never be disclosed to the public. We use this information to:
- serve you with content that is most relevant to your location
- enable energyshare members to discover which members are in their area by viewing other members’ general location. (Please note, you can provide your nearest town instead of your postcode when creating an account and you can move the pin on the map to a nearby location with which you feel more comfortable).
Any personal information
Any personal information you choose to include in your ‘About You’ box or by way of your ‘Profile picture’ when creating an account or editing your settings by clicking on your username to view your Profile page and selecting “Edit Details”. This information might include your photo or any personal information you otherwise voluntarily disclose. Your profile will not be visible to other energyshare members until you have completed the ‘About You’ box and chosen/uploaded a Profile picture.
We use this information to:
- populate your profile and it is viewable by other users of energyshare, so please be careful about what you include. Don’t publish your phone number, address or other such information here; and
- facilitate interaction between members.
If you choose to create an energyshare account using Facebook Connect (or any other authentication provider), we are furnished with profile and photo data about you through their application programming interface (API). We use this to create your account and allow you to interact with energyshare. By clicking on the authentication providers’ link, you are consenting to share this information with us.
If you post information during use of energyshare, we collect:
- any other personal information you choose to disclose during your use of energyshare. Examples include when you update your profile, list a news item, post a guide, make a comment, upload a photo, share a link, create a group, send someone a message or otherwise engage in the energyshare community. This information is viewable by other users.
We use this information to:
- enable you to engage more fully with the energyshare community;
- enable other members to search for you and communicate with you; and
- enable other members to provide you with feedback
If you invite people to join an energyshare group using the energyshare site, we collect:
- your invitees’ email addresses – we will not use these details for any purpose other than to email them an invitation to an energyshare group.
If you create an energyshare group and become a group leader, we collect:
- the group’s postcode and, optionally, further location details – these will be used to publicly show your group’s general location as a pin within the energyshare map application on your group’s profile page. This information is viewable by other users. Any postcode provided will never be disclosed to the public. We use this information to enable energyshare members to search for, follow and join groups on the energyshare Site by reference to their local areas.
3.1 We may use your personal information to investigate a complaint made by another member, for a breach of energyshare’s Terms and conditions or to prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse of or damage to energyshare or the service made available through it and to prosecute those responsible.
4.1 We share your personal information with third parties for the purpose of managing and administering the accounts and services provided to you through the energyshare Site. We may further share and disclose this information with
- (i) any of our commercial partners to the energyshare project “energyshare Partners” (find out more about our partners);
- (ii) other services that we own and/or operate; and
- (iii) third party sites that are affiliated to energyshare for example River Cottage, Landshare and Free Range Review (“Sister Services”), in order to better integrate those services with energyshare.
4.2 We do not sell or rent your personal information. We may disclose information about you to the following, for the express purposes set out below:
If you create an account with energyshare:
- to our employees and agents for them to administer any accounts or services provided to you through the site, eg the sending of e-alerts on our behalf.
If you post content:
- as a member you are publicly identified to other users of energyshare by your username. We therefore recommend that you do not use your real name as your username or provide any other personally identifiable information on the publicly viewable site, like your name or contact details;
- we may display some information that is publicly available on energyshare, on third-party websites that are closely connected to the energyshare project and wish to embed energyshare activity. So, by way of example, user-generated content such as titles of users’ posts on energyshare groups would be displayed on such third-party sites with a link back to energyshare. To the extent that usernames or personal information is included in that user-generated content on energyshare, it may be displayed on such third-party sites. So, for example if a listing included a username or a member’s photo, that information may also be displayed on the third-party website. Just to be clear, this information will be embedded on any such third-party website as a link. We will not hand over that information to the third party website; and
- we may display some information that is publicly available on energyshare in the regular newsletters that are emailed to all registered users on the energyshare mailing list.
Transfer of business
Apart from the use and sharing of your personal information in the limited circumstances already described, the only ways we may share your information are if we need to disclose personal information to protect our licensors’ rights and property or to comply with any applicable law or valid legal process.
5.1 You should avoid sharing any personal information including contact information with any other energyshare members. If you intend to share any such information, please exercise the same level of caution as you would dealing with a stranger. Never give any personal information to anyone until you are confident that it is safe to do so. You should in any event only reveal such personal information via secure communications that cannot be viewed by other people. You must treat any personal information that you receive from other energyshare members as private, confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the Member provides it to you unless that Member indicates to you otherwise.
6.1 We may share non-personal aggregated statistics data about visitors to energyshare and traffic patterns with third parties such as energyshare Partners and our Sister Services. Just to be clear, this information does not identify users in any personal capacity; it just gives generalised information about the users of energyshare.
Cookies and log files
Cookies and log files
7.2 Like many websites we may use a feature called a cookie. A cookie is a small data file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. It allows us to recognise you as a user when you return to energyshare using the same device and web browser. We use the cookies (including some provided to us through Google Analytics) and other automatically tracked information.
Two of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set (see ‘Essential site cookie’ below). You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work.
|Essential site cookie (for user recognition)||standart PHP/JSValue: [to be inserted by developer] e.g. l05aucudkhggfv45dd2l3g55||This cookie is essential for storing log in data, so that we recognise you when you return to Peoplefund.it. This is set upon your arrival to Peoplefund.it.||Visit the Microsoft website|
|Essential site cookie (session tracking cookie)||[insert name]Value: [insert value]||This cookie is used to transfer data between Peoplefund.it pages, when a user is logged in. This cookie is set upon your arrival and is deleted when you close your browser.||Visit the Microsoft website|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visitwww.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visithttp://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
7.3 By using energyshare.com, you are agreeing to the use of the cookies listed above.
9.2 As required by the UK Data Protection laws, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access. In particular, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt all your password. SSL encrypts the information you provide as it travels through the Internet. Encryption creates billions of code combinations to protect each transaction made on the website, so your password or information cannot be viewed by anyone else using the internet. Despite using this technology, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you disclose to us. You accept the inherent risks of providing information and dealing online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
9.3 If you have any concerns about security, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10.1 You can click the unsubscribe link included in an email or edit your settings by clicking on your username to view your Profile page and selecting “Edit Details” or to: stop receiving e-alerts or newsletters from us.
10.2 You can also edit your settings as described above in 10.1 to:
- change your location details
- stop receiving messages from other energyshare members
- change your Profile picture and the information in the ‘About You’ box
- change your password
11.1 You can access and edit information provided in your Profile, guides and the group that you lead using the energyshare Site. You cannot edit any comments you make on the energyshare Site whether in a group or for a news item or guide.
Your right to see your personal information
11.2 Under the Data Protection Act, you have the right to see the personal information that we hold about you, whether collected through your use of energyshare or through any communications that you have had with us. You will need to provide us with a written request and pay a small fee. If you have any queries about your right or wish to make such a request, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by post addressed to the Data Protection Officer, 101 St John Street, London, EC1M 4AS.
11.3 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by choosing certain options on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the address provided in clause 11.2.
12. Transfer of information outside of EEA
12.1 Your personal information may be transferred to, stored at, or processed at a destination outside theEEA. It may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services.
14.1 energyshare is owned by KEO energyshare Ltd., a company incorporated in England, whose registered office address is: First & Second Floor, 11 Cliff Road, Newquay, Cornwall, TR7 2NE
energyshare’s registered company number is 07663081.
Last updated 25th October 2013